Our practice offers a management service for trademarks and industrial designs, assisted by teams of industrial property lawyers who are carefully selected based on their additional expertise. In particular, we carry out the following on your behalf:
- analyses of precedence,
- national, community, and international registrations,
- the negotiation and drafting of contracts related to transfers, licensing, research, collaboration, consortiums, and confidentiality
In the context of your merger and acquisition projects or other business restructuring, we will perform audits on aspects of intellectual property and negotiate provisions for the securing, licensing and transferring of intellectual property assets during transactions, such as tendering, acquisitions, transfers, IPOs, private placements, and bankruptcy proceedings, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, and the protection of trade secrets.
Bondard Practice guides creators and business in their approach regarding the protection of their creations, logos, trademarks and designs.
The Practice intervenes in every strategic stage of the implementation/setting up of those intangible assets’ management policy.
Protection and evaluation :
- portfolio audits of your intangible assets
- prior searches
- evaluation of the risks related to the application of a trademark or a design
- national, European and international applications
- monitoring of trademarks and designs
Development and contracts :
- trademark and design license
- licensing of rights
- co-existence agreements
The Practice also manages your pre-litigation and litigation matters relating to trademarks, design and domain names.
Bondard Practice advises you in the acquisition of your patents, in all technical fields.
To this end, we collaborate with consulting engineers specialized in the field concerned for all the technical aspects.
In particular, the firm guides you regarding:
- prior research
- audits of patents (the existence of rights, the validity, the risks related to the exploitation of those rights)
- mergers and acquisition projects
- financial evaluation
- your negotiations and contract drafting
- your infringement litigations
Bondard Practice verifies for its clients, and in particular its clientele of biotechs, the extent and validity of their intellectual property rights and also the effective protection of these rights.
We analyse the technical, administrative and legal components and their adequacy regarding the acquisition projects in progress. To this end, the firm verifies the products and protection adequacy, ensures that the flagship patents are not about to fall into the public domain and control the patent ownership.
We examine in particular :
- the adequacy of the intellectual property policy implemented by the audited company with its development policy and its comercial strategy
- Expiry and renewal of the rights
- The legal statute of patent applications portfolio (under examination) and patent applications registered (ownership), and also the registered or pending trademarks or trademarks whose extension have been requested
- The regularity of your contracts, royalty payment, ownership or grant of license (including software licenses) will be conducted to ensure that the appropriate royalties have been paid or received
- The opportunity to obtain or not additional trademarks or patents and their availability before developing product lines and widening the range of intangible assets